DRS 2006 Version 4 - Demo Version out now!!

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Re: DRS 2006 Version 4 - Demo Version out now!!

Postby MikeM » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:51 pm

This is how i got the error.

1. Start DRS2006 V4 Demo
2. Start playing the demo playlist.
3. Start a sweeper in the cart section
4. Navigate away from the drop down menu to say cart 2 (as the playlist and sweeper play at the same time)
5. Come back and try to stop the sweeper on Demo cart..... This is where it will not show anything playing (While playlist and demo cart are playing) you need to wait for sweeper to finish playing.

In a live environment if you make this mistake you will need to wait for the cart to finish playing or shutdown and start again.

Mike
MikeM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Ah ok, you are right. I guess we will simply block changing the cart sets while its playing. Thanks. We will fix this asap.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MikeM » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks that will work :D i know this sounds like asking to have the software dummy proof...LOL

I also want to ask you if there will be a way in the future to have modules running on different instances so we can assign them to different screens. The reason why is because we use 2 and 3 monitors for each PC so we can concentrate on the module we use at the time. Make changes to plugins on the fly without messing with the main module that has the playlist running. It may also help if one module crashes it can be restarted without disturbing the main module.

If there will be a lot of plugins in the future (and i hope there will be) it's worth taking in consideration making a module like a virtual rack that contains all the plugins (running on a second screen) that way small broadcasters who do not have a sound engineer on site can see whats going on and make changes on the fly.

Just some ideas.....

Mike
MikeM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Hehe, no. You are right. We got to make it 100% and we just never have done this before :D

Well actually it should be possible to have several instances on different PCs which share the same database.

However we will of course build a lot of stuff. Whatever you need and what's possible :)

At the moment we are concentrating to make the current version 100%. We have not submitted the software yet. As soon as we do it will be downloaded a thousand times a day. So the final demo really needs to catch any problem and any hardware issue. SO we are very happy that you are helping us to make it bullet proof.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Hey Stashu and Mike. We have built in an exception handler so we can find out why the software crashes on your older XP machines. We have also done a small fix during the initialization, so maybe it is already fixed. Tell us what your older machines say. Thank you!
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chpuig » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi all,
I wanted to say that the sound processor plugin is really astonishing!!!! It sounds like the best sound processing that I heard in some FM radio in LA California (KBIG or KIIS FM).
By the way, I have a little idea that you can add in the database editor: could we have a time counter in the database editor when we play a tune.
On the previous versions I was used to watch the time elapsed of the tune when I was hitting the F2 key to set the cue out. In fact as an old music programmer I am used to set the cue out with my ears and looking at the counter. So, now with the new version when I click on the red flag to set the cue out I would love to monitor the time elapsed at the same time.
What do you think of it?
I like to have an all database with cues set by hand! For me this is the real best way a musical radio can sound.
Christian
chpuig
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby MikeM » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 am

Mine was crashing in Win 7 PRO 32bit. I will test the new Demo on Win XP as well over the weekend.

Is there a way to disable Artist - Song from going to the encoder? Or just post "DRS 2006 Radio"I like the old version where a text file was uploaded to the server from there a php script can display the data only on the web player.

Why would any one want to do this? Well it will keep other websites from getting revenue from Itunes, Amazon etc for the music you play and pay a licensee for.

Mike
MikeM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby MikeM » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:52 pm

How do we delete a category from Category Options?

Say we create 5 new categories ex: Jazz1, Jazz2, Jazz3, Jazz4 and Jazz5 we can add the files to the correct field set the right color, however we can not delete them after we create them.

Mike
MikeM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:40 am

Hi Mike,

you are right. We will fix this.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spirit » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Good news...
with pleasure will test V4...

Mark, Thank You...
I will write soon impressions about it))
Spirit
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby MikeM » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:09 pm

We also need to have the scroll down bar on the "Customize the Ribbon" section.

Live Playlist:

If we use the "Simple Shuffle" plugin and we try to create the Jazz1 + Jazz1 and Sweepers rotation, so we can get a sweeper played after every two songs we will have 2 songs from the same artist in the playlist. I will test this more hence the database had only about 230 songs at that time. Just want to make sure the plugin will control the rotation even if we have selected the same folder twice.

I know in version 3.0 (Enterprise) we did not have this issue, yes we have used a database with more then 3000 items and will use 4 or 5 times more with version 4.

Mike
MikeM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby MikeM » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Mark,

We run the full version on the laptop that is giving us the errors reported above, i would like to install the full version on our production machine, do i need to purchase another license? eventually will run version 4 on about 2 or 3 computers in the studio. We did manage to get version 4 running on the network playing the files from the main PC very easy. The aacplus encoder works fine. On our production PC we run the Orban encoders (aacplus) which will be retired once V4 is fully operational.

Mike
MikeM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby MikeM » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Setting up the Sound Processor

I wish we could have something that shows active sound levels when we setup/check the sound/processor. Something similar to the old sound processor...

We use this for now:

Mike
MikeM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Hey Mike,

Holger will take a look at this error asap.

Well, we already had the license agreement in all versions that you cannot run the software on several PCS with one license. I have been to radio stations which had 15 versions installed with 1 key and they told me, Ups, we did not know.....Oh well, they did not read.

This time we are sure that people are following the license agreement because the software is connected to their hardware. Of course if you get a different hardware, we will reset the hardware key immediately so you can transfer the software to another machine. However if you want to use several versions, you will need several sublicenses ($69).

On the other hand we lowered the pricing.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MikeM » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:43 pm

That makes sense, too bad some people can not read :wink: . I will order another license today do i still purchase the Sublicense key like before ?

Mike
MikeM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

PreviousNext

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development