Sonic Processor - AGC

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Sonic Processor - AGC

Postby Stashu » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Mark,

Could you describe the various controls in the AGC. I work with Limiters, Expanders, etc. of various kinds, but I seem to be overdriving some things. Some things I've done don't do enough.
Maybe just a thumbnail version of what the controls do, and what range to keep things in.

Thanks!
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Re: Sonic Processor - AGC

Postby Stashu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Mark,

When there is a new update, and we have a plugin, should we be updating that as soon as possible?
In other words, does the plugin 'have to' be updated to make everything function smoothly.
I don't always update the plugin at the time of the V4 update.
Everything's so smooth, I've been playing rather than 'forum'ing!
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:18 pm

We build a new plugin every time we build a new software. However there were no changes necessary till now. We will tell you if there is a change within the plugins.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Ok, in the next update we will install all plugins automatically and you simply activate them in the software. This way you do not have to care about them.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sherrymark728 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:17 am

I want to know about various controls in AGC Sonic Processor
Sherry
sherrymark728
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Click above on DRS 2006 Radio Automation.
Then go to Get Started. You'll see manuals. Look for the Sound Processor manual. It has a description of all controls including the AGC.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Naveed123 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 am

Mark,

Could you describe the various controls in the AGC. I work with Limiters, Expanders, etc. of various kinds, but I seem to be overdriving some things. Some things I've done don't do enough.
Maybe just a thumbnail version of what the controls do, and what range to keep things in.

l
Last edited by Naveed123 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naveed123
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:47 am

Hi :)

Here is the direct link to the manual:
http://www.radioautomation.com/soundprocessor.php

There are also many wikipedia docs etc on the Internet which go more into deep. There is nothing special about our controls. They work like all other Equalizers, Compressors and AGCs with the standard controls.

Example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_gain_control
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stashu » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 am

I'm still getting the above problems with the Sound Processor. I've eliminated my saved settings in the program.
Now, the only on/off control that works is the EQ. When I click on the Comp or AGC the cursor hand doubles and doesn't turn the switch green. I can change all of the settings. But, I can't click on the Comp or AGC. They stay Off, black.
And, the EQ when on or off has no effect.
This now makes me think that I've got the demo, not the paid version. Switching to V4 76 has been very frustrating. And, now with V4 79, I can use the software, but not the Sound Processor. It all worked perfectly before V4 76.
Any help will be appreciated.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 pm

This is really strange. It should not be like this in the demo nor in the full version. We also tested this for several weeks on different machines and different OS. Any hint how we can reproduce this would be helpful.

Did you deinstall the complete software, delete the 2 folders DRS 2006 folders and installed the software new?

What Operating system are you using?

Does anybody else have this problem?
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stashu » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:25 pm

This Sound processor problem has been with me since I switched to V4 76. I had some licensing problems, and uninstalled V4, and all folders.
I re-installed V4, same problems. After a few more installs, the licensing issue was resolved. The issues I had with the sound processor remained.
Two nights ago, the program auto-loaded V4 79. All works great except for the sound processor. When I start V4, the sound seems overly thick, too processed. I eliminated all of my presets, and set up a simple one, based on my settings. I still sounds thicker and more processed than the original one I made.
So, when I click on anything to make changes, the signal gets even more processed. At this point, one or more various issues occur.
1. The sound gets more degraded and overly processed, and no controls make it better, or shut off the individual element.
2. The sounds gets more choppy as if I'm listening to the inverse of compression. When there is a low passage in the song the signal gets back almost to normal volume.
3. The sound only happens intermittently, and for the most part is off.
4. None of the controls work in the Comp EQ or AGC. And the only switch that looks like it works is the EQ on/off switch. It does nothing, but at least it shows on or off.

When I switch to 'Edit Database', the sound is fine. so, that tells me it's not a sound card problem.
If I play anything els on the computer, it's normal. No problems.

My computer is windows 8 64 pro. 16gb of RAM.

I have let the DRS V4 do it's own thing and have not customized or tweaked anything in the system. I'm trying to keep Windows 8 in a factory state. I know people who are trying to make the '8' computers act like an XP. It's 2013. So, I haven't done any crazy things to my system.

Everything worked fine up to Build 76. So, I'm sure it's something simple Frustrating, but simple.

Mark, I've asked this before. Is there a list of files we should save prior to taking everything off and reloading V4? I want to keep my Song intros, and outcues, and my rotation and category info. Beyond that, I can do Processor presets again, and other preferences.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:56 pm

Well this problem is really hard to fix because non of our machines have this nor has anybody else reported this. However we will see what we can do.

The database files are in C:\ProgramData\DRS2006V4\

The "Song Index.dat" ist your current database

Stashu. Did you get my email in the Help Desk about the article in Radio World?
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stashu » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:19 pm

After 'WAY' too much time trying to get the Sound Processor to play nice, I found the problem!
It was in the saved Workspace files. Whatever was in there was causing the Sound Processor to go wacky. When I deleted my Workspace saves and started from scratch (again!), everything was fine.
I've had problems since, but when I delete or change the Workspace save file, the Sound Processor runs normally.
This may also solve other questions above about the Sound Processor.
Now, the question is, what gets saved in the workspace file?
When should we save that file? With a clean front page, nothing running?
Does it just save all preferences? Which preferences?

Thanks,
Stashu
Last edited by Stashu on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Ah ok, this could be possible. The workspace saves your current settings. As far as I know everything. But I will ask my partner who did this.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi,

the settings of the plugins are not saved within the workspace. Since you would have to change all workspaces when making a change in the plugin.

So this still does not really explain how your problem came up.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development