playlist schedualing

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Re: playlist schedualing

Postby Spirit » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:44 am

Guys, you are alive??)
Spirit
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:26 pm

Spirit,
I'm still alive and kickin'. Are you waiting for the Community Manager? Or music scheduling from other sources? Have you tried the Auto Play Manager?

Stashu
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby kris » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:35 pm

I'm still waiting for external scheduling (or a intenal trafic and commercial planner). Being able to import external playlists from 3the partie schedulers ...
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Maybe this is a question for all.
Is there anyone out there that uses the Auto Play Manager as a Commercial scheduler?
I know it has a 3:00 minimum for the scheduled programming. But, can't that be used to do commercial rotations inserted into the playlist?
Just wondering. Because, it can be used to schedule whole playlists, but maybe it copould be useful for situations like this.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Spirit » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:05 am

Stashu wrote:Spirit,
I'm still alive and kickin'. Are you waiting for the Community Manager? Or music scheduling from other sources? Have you tried the Auto Play Manager?

Stashu

Hi,
no i didn't use AutoPlayManager for generate playlists))
I have bases in PowerGold with special politics and categories.
Change it all in DRS2006's bases - :(

And we still wait plugin for convert playlists from shedualing software)))

And wait EventManager :oops:

Anybody contact with developers???
Spirit
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:58 pm

I tried. No response. Luckily, all works with every incarnation of Windows 10.
I've had some things go crazy on my desktop. Start menu stuff. Drivers going nuts, etc. But DRS2006 V4 has worked the whole time. It would be nice to get some of the proposed extras soon.

A few years ago, I decided to keep updated with Windows and eliminate programs, hardware and plugins that didn't play nice with the operating system. I was amazed that 80% of my equipment was able to move forward.
Now, I'm lean and mean with minimal hardware.
I'm still amazed at the amount of radio that can be done with the software we have in V4. I still remember cueing up vinyl and CDs, and watching the clock on a 'cart machine' to see how much time to the end of the track. Years ago, the info we have on the main playlist screen was on a music log, a studio clock, six cart machines, and nasty grease stained cart labels. The oldest carts had half of the info missing because they were taped onto five or six other labels and shredded more every time the cart was slammed into the rack.

But, we could pick our own music. 8)
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby kris » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:48 am

I still love the old DRS software for the simple reason that it is rock solid.

The day version 4 does all the stuff V2.1 does I'll switch over. For now I still miss to much options. So yes, you can still use the old software with a windows 7 OS. Just don't use dynamic files....
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby Spirit » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:57 pm

kris wrote:I still love the old DRS software for the simple reason that it is rock solid.

I'm agree with you... :)
Spirit
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Previous

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development