Insert DJ Break

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Insert DJ Break

Postby Stashu » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:30 pm

I noticed when I insert a DJ Break, then hit Start, it briefly goes to the break and instantly switches to the next event.
What do we do when we want to break in on the song that's playing and have it fade behind the DJ Break without finishing the song?
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Re: Insert DJ Break

Postby Spirit » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Stashu wrote:I noticed when I insert a DJ Break, then hit Start, it briefly goes to the break and instantly switches to the next event.
What do we do when we want to break in on the song that's playing and have it fade behind the DJ Break without finishing the song?

Maybe use "Stop" (when track play to the end) and for start next track press "Start" button???
(I was work on this scheme)
Spirit
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:15 am

Thanks. I went totally numb on this one. I would normally hit Stop to shut down the engine. But, in this one instance, I had a DJ Break scheduled. During the song I hit Start and after a second it triggered the following event. I know now to Stop before a DJ Break.
Thanks again, Spirit.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Mark,
I started thinking about this. What does the DJ Break do in the context of a mix?
I had the above problem and started thinking about the reason for it not working.
When you insert the DJ break in the schedule, it stops the playlist for the time (2:30 or whatever is set).
But, if you hit the file to 'trip' the DJ break, it goes into the next event. Now, as Spirit pointed out above, if I want the system to stop, I hit, um, Stop. And, if I insert DJ Break, it stops, but obviously it's not a file, but a timer. And, when clicked on it kick in the next event. Is there a way to make clicking on the DJ Break be programmed as the Stop.
My workaround for this situation was to make a 3:00 blank audio file. Then, when it was hit, it would fade the last event. And, the blank audio file would play.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Spirit » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:44 pm

Stashu wrote:My workaround for this situation was to make a 3:00 blank audio file. Then, when it was hit, it would fade the last event. And, the blank audio file would play.

Hi,
sure this is as alternative for "DJ Break".
I never use this function (in v.1.7 & v.2.2), but if this bug (i'm only soon buy license and test it) you can write it on HelpDesk)))
Spirit
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Spirit,

I just did the DJ Break Blank file and it works perfectly.
What I wanted to do was have the 'Start' button used to trigger the next event always. Well, when you press the start button right before the inserted DJ Break, it goes to the next event . A song, a commercial, promo, etc.
Here's the circumstance. You want to end to event before the DJ Break earlier. So, you can either press 'Stop' twice or manually fade the event.
To make it simpler, I insert a blank audio file for the break (3min). Now, I can hit 'Start' as always, and it does a fade naturally behind the voice and when I want, I can just press 'Start' again for the next element.
This does another thing. I can see the time I have left to talk. 3 minutes is plenty for most normal breaks. But, now I've got the clock running on my break. If I was doing a morning show I'd probably just use the 'Stop" button more often to do bits or live spots, news, traffic, etc.
But, for most shows, inserting this blank file makes it simpler. Also, I've labelled the file in CAPS, so I can see the break coming up.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development