2.2 DRS Freezing

The DRS 2006 Support Center is the backbone of DRS technical support. Inside you'll find topics regarding many technical issues involving the use of DRS 2006 radio automation, its plugins, supporting apps and much more. Come on inside and learn something.

2.2 DRS Freezing

Postby TSNSports » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:20 am

Can anyone tell me why our DRS2006 will play for a day or two and then all of a sudden it will freeze. When it does this you can't move the mouse so,you have to turn off the computer....thus going off the air.....Any ideas???

I also use a flash-drive to transfer audio productions to the computer...

Please help!
TSNSports
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: 2.2 DRS Freezing

Postby Sweet98 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:29 pm

I am having the same problem. Playlist freezes after several hours or as few as two hours. It just sticks and I have to shut the whole thing down and reload playlists and start over. This computer is only running DRS2006 at any given time. The optimizer processor and html5 streamer are on another computer.
Sweet98
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Try checking things like auto updates. Many programs will cause glitches when they try to search and load updates.
Windows has been a pain lately doing a lot of Creator updates. That may be causing some of the lockups.
Also, with 2.2, run a Database Integrity on your files. I think that's in the Database Connector. There may be some songs that were scheduled in the playlist, but not able to trip.
Also, due to the fact that the DRS2006 (all versions) is used 24/7, there is no time the computer shuts down. Restarts refresh drives and software. Some stations use a second computer to run a simple playlist or complete CD to take their main computer offline for updates, reboots, etc.
Hope this helps. If you still have problems, send a message in the 'Help Desk'.

Stashu
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Sweet98 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Good response and thanks! We do restart main computer weekly. Will be checking database and windows updates. We don't stream from this computer and have considered taking it off line.

**Update** Program has run for nearly 72 hours without stopping. We changed software to high priority and turned off automatic windows updates. Also cleaned registry.
Sweet98
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Support Center