Powered by DRS2006: Best Oldies Tribute Station I've Heard

The DRS 2006 Support Center is the backbone of DRS technical support. Inside you'll find topics regarding many technical issues involving the use of DRS 2006 radio automation, its plugins, supporting apps and much more. Come on inside and learn something.

Powered by DRS2006: Best Oldies Tribute Station I've Heard

Postby Scott » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:24 am

I wasn't sure where to put this, but this is probably as good a place as any. A friend of mine has launched a WLS (Chicago) tribute station at http://www.musicradiowls.com. He's running it with DRS2006 and you won't believe your ears! I hope this will be an ancouragement to fellow DRSers to show how good it can sound!
Scott
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Powered by DRS2006: Best Oldies Tribute Station I've He

Postby Major Logan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:02 am

Thanks for the compliment on our WLS Chicago Tribute station Scott. I've been a DRSer for over 10 years and I've been able to make DRS do most anything the big ticket automation programs do for a good straight forward music station. In earlier posts I mentioned I use MusicMaster scheduling software with DRS and it is extremely compatible with DRS. My goal with "musicradiowls.com" was to actaully create an online station that actually sounds like a Classic Top40 station sounded in the 70s instead of simply playing some 70s hits. We use authentic hardware processing set to sound like those stations in the 70s. We not only offer Classic Top40 music on WLS....we also feature vintage 70s radio spots and feature original and custom jingles from JAM Creative Productions in Dallas, TX. JAM happens to be down the street from us and it was a pleasure creating new jingles with the group that created the original WLS jingle packages. Hope all you DRSers get a chance to listen. Our website is www.musicradiowls.com and you can now search WLS on TuneIn and Shoutcast and pick us up. If you get a chance to listen drop us a line and let us know at hitmail@musicradiowls.com

Enjoy,
Major Logan
Program Director
www.musicradiowls.com
The Mighty Major Logan[url][/url]
Major Logan
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:55 pm

Major Logan, respect and compliments. It seems the way WLS sounds, you've reached your goal.

1 question: which version of DRS2006 are you running?
Adriaan

Postby Major Logan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 am

Thanks Adriaan:

I'm running DRS v2.2 Professional. I'm actually running two stations with it. I have a 2nd station called Stevens Radio operating for a trucking company in Dallas, TX. It runs information for their fleet drivers as well as information for future drivers. DRS has run flawlessly and continuously on that station for 13 months straight with ZERO glitches or stalls.

As I put the WLS tribute station together I ran it off-line for months and again it has run flawlessly. Since I have used DRS2006 for more than a decade I think I have sound solutions to most of the problems others seem to have with it. I have been very loyal and have always found a solution for any hiccup I've ever had. I've been able to make it sing!

Thanks for the compliment. I know you have been a DRSer for a long time so your opinion carries weight with me.

Major Logan
The Mighty Major Logan[url][/url]
Major Logan
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Support Center