Updating Database Files

The DRS 2006 Support Center is the backbone of DRS technical support. Inside you'll find topics regarding many technical issues involving the use of DRS 2006 radio automation, its plugins, supporting apps and much more. Come on inside and learn something.

Updating Database Files

Postby shadowking46 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:22 pm

I seem to facing a problem. I have all my music in one folder and have the music folder in DRS2006 V4 pointing to it. But when I add new files to my music folder and than click update new, It reinstalls the wholes music folder all over again. Is there a way of stopping this and just getting the newest music files updated or must i go through this everytime?
In HIS Service

William M Morin
www.atouchoffaith.net
shadowking46
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Updating Database Files

Postby Stashu » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Have you added the previous songs as a different category other than 'New'?
Have you changed them in the Database to be different categories?
Also, when leaving the database did you save before closing the database?
These seem like basic questions, but if you've changed the categories of songs, they shouldn't pop up as 'New' unless you've renamed them outside of the DRS program. Any changes made to the names of the audio files should be done in the DRS database, not in Windows.
Once songs are put into different categories, the only songs that pass through the 'New' filter are the newly added songs.
I also learned the hard way not to copy the whole database folder and expect it to just add the newest adds. It copies all of them and takes a lot of time.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Support Center