IMPORTING POWERGOLD PLAY LISTS

Common Topics discuss everything from supported file formats used with DRS 2006 radio automation, how to import 3rd party playlists, catching satellite feeds and much, much more.

IMPORTING POWERGOLD PLAY LISTS

Postby djradoo » Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:47 pm

I'm very interesed in DRS capability to import Powergold play lists. I try several times to build and import a play list but never succeed!
First, I import in audio manager 10 audio file, edited each one (intro, name s.o.), copy/paste exactly same name in artist and title in Powergold , create an schedule, follow import procedure , the play list is filled with my songs but NOT ONE was recognized by DRS. Can anyone giv me an advice? Maybe Database utility can export all audio info in Powergold exactly as tey are in DRS and after tht is simple to import?! Any inputs will be highly apreciated :?:
djradoo
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Rendy » Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:22 pm

To import music logs from 3rd party schedulers such as Powergold, Selector...etc, you need to use a Structure File which can be downloaded from here.

This Package includes:
1. Powergold.pst (Structure file to import Powergold ASCII files)
2. Selector.pst (Structure file to import Selector ASCII files)
3. MusicMaster.pst (Structure file to import Music Master ASCII files)
4. Powergold.asc (Demo Powergold schedule file)
5. Selector.txt (Demo Selector schedule file)
6. MusicMaster.asc (Demo Music Master schedule file)

:arrow: For more detailed info on this, please refer to the online manuals.
Rendy
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Rendy
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby djradoo » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:02 pm

I allready do that!
It works - meaning in the playlist window i have exactly what i send from Powergold... BUT from here i have to reconcile each single song, because "DRS DIDN'T FIND ANY SONG LIKE"..." IN YOUR DATABASE!" and i swear that those file are there!
Otherway: is this possible to export somehow all song registered by audiomanager to a thirty part scheduler like Powergold?

Thanks! :(
djradoo
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Rocket88 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:04 pm

Natural Music 5 will import your Drs v2.xx database , at least the demo that I have will, Not sure about powergold, too pricy for me..
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Rendy » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:25 pm

djradoo wrote:BUT from here i have to reconcile each single song, because "DRS DIDN'T FIND ANY SONG LIKE"..." IN YOUR DATABASE!" and i swear that those file are there!

ALL the entries (Artists & Titles) that you enter in Powergold MUST be exactly the same as what you have in your DRS Database else it'll not import corerctly.

As for importing your DRS Database to Powrgold, you can try by exporting your DRS database using the Database Utility and from there try importing to Powergold.

By the way, have you tried contacting the guys at Powergold? It's best that you contact their support team. If the ImporterDemo files import correctly, everything should be A-OK.
Rendy
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Rendy
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby nrg » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:35 pm

djradoo wrote:I allready do that!
It works - meaning in the playlist window i have exactly what i send from Powergold... BUT from here i have to reconcile each single song, because "DRS DIDN'T FIND ANY SONG LIKE"..." IN YOUR DATABASE!" and i swear that those file are there!
Otherway: is this possible to export somehow all song registered by audiomanager to a thirty part scheduler like Powergold?

Thanks! :(

Hello,

I am also in the process of implementing Powergold as our music scheduler and have noticed the same effect for some songs.
In our case, what is going on is that the song's Artist or Title gets chopped off since Powergold cuts off each field to the first 25 characters. Unfortunately, when DRS tries to find the song in the database, it only performs an exact search using the partial information resulting in the song not being found.

A quick fix would be to ensure that the Artist and Title fields have no more than 25 characters in DRS and then reexport your database in Powergold. There should be an option there to add only new songs from the text file. You can then delete the old songs duplicates in Powergold.

A more comprehensive fix would be for DRS to use something better than an artist and title search for matching up titles during a playlist import. The index # should be used instead since it would ensure an exact match everytime and would make the import process a LOT quicker because DRS would not have to search in the database for every title which can be extremely SLOW, especially if done over the network.

nrg
nrg
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby djradoo » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:09 am

:roll: TY nrg,
I try several times to rename songs only with 1 character like artist:"1", title "a" but won't work !
I assume that because i only have a demo version of DRS, maybe there is some limitation and probably with full version and Database utility will be easier to export data between prog's.
As much as i know, other automation prog's use an unique field to identify files as ID3 tag or an #index . I'm sure that this way go better, especially for large detabases , not mentioning network shared databases!

Again, u say that "SOME" song aren't fond , lucky you!
In my situation NONE of songs are imported.

First, i assume that i do something wrong in importing process, but i see all list of scheduled songs in play-list window with exact same artist and title fields but with "error" at type and "00:00:00" in run time , intro an s.o.

Any comments?

:shock:
djradoo
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Importing Powergold Schedules

Postby nicepants » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:45 pm

I changed the "Standard Automation Output" of powergold to have the Title & Artist fields be 29 characters as opposed to 25. (Then I just am sure to not use more than 29 characters when naming files in DRS)

Then I use the following .PST file

(Right-click, Save Target As)
http://www.jasonskidmore.com/powergold-skidz.pst

to import them. Works like a charm.

If anyone has questions about doing this...I've been playing around with it for some time and I'd be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.
nicepants
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: IMPORTING POWERGOLD PLAY LISTS

Postby Gcin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi I am looking for the Powergold.pst (Structure file to import Powergold ASCII files does anybody have this file?
Gcin
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Common Topics