Question Before I Buy

Common Topics discuss everything from supported file formats used with DRS 2006 radio automation, how to import 3rd party playlists, catching satellite feeds and much, much more.

Question Before I Buy

Postby Smitherd » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Hello! I am looking to purchase the DRS 2006 software, but one of the selling points is a random music selection from a pool of music.

Here's my situation: I'm setting up a campus radio station and I want to have oldies in the morning, alternative in the afternoon and metal at night. I have all the music I want to play, which is quite a sizable amount; let's take oldies in the morning as an example. I want DRS 2006, during the oldies hours of 6am to 12pm, to play any music only from the oldies genre, preferably with radio tags interjected every five or six songs. Then, I want it at 12pm to swap over to the alternative music and do the same thing, and finally, the same process for metal. Is the software capable of this "randomized automation?"

Thank you for your time.
Smitherd
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:03 pm

Hello Smitherd, DRS2006 is very suitable for your wishes. You can make rotations or playlist. In the morning they can consist of Oldies only and in the afternoon switch to Alternative, in the evening to Metal. The only thing you have to do is build a database in the Audio Manager, defining a song to be Oldie or Alternative or Metal and so on.

The you van use Autoplay Manager to play the Playlist or Rotations: Planning your radio program
You can plan your complete radio program in advance. Each day consists of 24 slots in which playlists or shuffle play modes can be loaded. The slots contain the information for every hour of the day and several features can be set. You can mix them just the way you want to. You can even leave out some hours or options of the hour. The Autoplay Manager will remain in the last mode it was set to. That means that if you have set a shuffle play mode at 15:00 o'clock, skipped 16:00 o'clock and then set for example a playlist at 17:00 o'clock, the Autoplay Manager will use your predefined shuffle mode from 15:00 to 17:00 o'clock. Then it will use your playlist from 17:00 o'clock on.

Important note: at the moment this only works in V2.11 and V2.2. The Music Scheduler for V3 Beta's is not ready yet.

You can buy DRS2006 and will be surprised what features this rocksolid software brings to you for a very good price :) Enjoy!
Adriaan

Postby Smitherd » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:27 am

That sounds great. Now, can it do the radio tags as well?
Smitherd
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:37 pm

Not sure what you mean with "radio tags" here :?
Adriaan

Postby Smitherd » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:51 am

In the original post I asked if it could shuffle the songs from each genre, with radio tags interjected every six songs or so. Is it possible to put in for a "radio tag" ("you're listening to Lee 911", etc) to play every six songs or so or will I have to have another solution?
Smitherd
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:04 am

OK, now I see. I think radio tags are what I call jingles, sweepers, promo's etcetera :)

Yes, this is no problem. You can define this radio tags and place them in a rotation or playlist where ever you want.

One important note: The Autoplay Manager module is only available in the Professional Package of the DRS 2006 digital audio system.
Adriaan

Return to DRS 2006 Common Topics