Switch between DRS & ext source

Common Topics discuss everything from supported file formats used with DRS 2006 radio automation, how to import 3rd party playlists, catching satellite feeds and much, much more.

Switch between DRS & ext source

Postby ktrl » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:11 pm

We're a broadcast radio station running DRS Pro 2.1 into a channel of our audio console (Autogram Pacemaker PM-218).

We'll be "repeating" the signal of another radio station over our frequency (part-time) and we're trying to figure out the cheapest and easiest way to do this using our automation. We'll receive the other station audio (let's call this "network" audio) using an audio-over-IP codec, which will output analog line-level balanced audio. Switching back and forth between local programming and the external "network" audio is the problem. Among other things, I'll need to be able to drop exactly-timed legal IDs into the network programming. The network audio will not have cue tones.

If we put this network audio into the input jack of our single Soundblaster card, can DRS switch between our local programming and the network? I notice that there is an add-on "DRS Line-In" optional download that may perform this function. The switching would need to be timed to occur much like an event on Autoplay Manager.

If not, should I use the DRS Auto Device Control to either control a channel on/off (on the audio console) or an external switcher (such as a Broadcast Tools 4.1 switcher)?

Your suggestions or advice would be appreciated. I am not a programmer or an engineer, so simple explanations are good...

Eric,
KTRL
ktrl
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Yes, you can download the free add on to manage this.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DRS 2006 Common Topics