Midi control surfaces

Common Topics discuss everything from supported file formats used with DRS 2006 radio automation, how to import 3rd party playlists, catching satellite feeds and much, much more.

Midi control surfaces

Postby Stashu » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Is there now, or will there be, a way to use a Midi based control surface for the DRS2006?
There are a number of good controllers out there and I was wondering if you can set one up to trigger events.
The closest I've seen is the Contour Shuttle Express and it's bigger brother. They chase whatever program you're in. Similar to setting up a mouse to use a button to trigger shortcuts. But, they are both USB 1.1 and slow the computer down a touch.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Re: Midi control surfaces

Postby Stashu » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:11 pm

By the way, since this post I've discovered a few things about hardware.
I had two units connected to my computer for audio editing. A Korg controller and the Contour Shuttle Express. My computer has 16Gb of RAM and was getting sluggish. I even had some dropouts and glitches when using DRS and other audio software.
Well, I had a driver update for the Korg and disconnected it while loading the new software.
On reboot without the Korg, the computer was running faster. Audio programs ran with no dropouts.
The Korg was USB1.1. I checked other hardware in the system and there it was, the Shuttle Express. USB1.1.
After taking both out and uninstalling software, my computer is now running very close to new.
So, check your systems for USB1.1 and any other hardware that may be slowing your system.
I have Windows 10 64 bit and it's probably not playing nice with older units and software.
Hope this helps.
Stashu
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Common Topics