Fed Up! An Opinion.

At DRS 2006 we also offer high quality streaming at the lowest prices. We also guide you through step by step while setting up your own internet radio station. After debuting your broadcast on the World Wide Web, join us here to talk about streaming.

Fed Up! An Opinion.

Postby mrmic » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:18 pm

Anybody else as "fed up" with DRS Streamer (Bean-Net) as I am. Second time in less than a month that they have been down for HOURS.

This time, they didn't even give us the courtesy of an explaination.

It's true, they are the cheapest streaming service around. You sure get what you pay for.

It's very obvious that they have NO back-up equipment or procedures. 4 to 6 hour outages are just not acceptable.

Do they realize how "down-time" can hurt a small station, in both lost listeners and revenue (I run paid ads).

I personally am checking out the streaming services reviewed by Radio ToolBox at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/hosts/.

I was going to switch over to EGI Hosting, until I saw they are going to merge with Bean-Net. The bad taste in my mouth...lingers.
MrMic
Michael Weber

The Variety-FM Stations
www.variety-fm.com
mrmic
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Rocket88 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:55 pm

Mrmic, now that Mark is back on the Bridge, maybe he will kick some b...

It really stinks when a stopset of ads cant run because your off the air.. (my sore spot was 4cx-5000 finals.. took the old gates down at the most inopportune time (holiday season) like today)

Thanks for the link of streamers... I have been checking on this site elsewhere ..

http://streaming.netro.ca/

best of luck... and ps what would you charge to tutor me by pm so I could get my streaming service going... humm...now May not be the time to ask :shock: .... all those spots to makeup :oops: ....
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:48 pm

Hey guys,

I am personally sorry for this. I have heard that server rs4 had some DOS attacks that were hard for the staff to block. However any streaming company will have a downtime now and then for any reason. This is simply because the architecture of the internet. There are simply so many things that can happen unexpected. Most servers in the USA from Bean, EGI, Audiorealm and Radiostreamer are located in the same data center because we all share the same resources because of traffic costs. As you can see at your mentioned "radiotoolbox" our servers are not only most cheapest, they are also most stable compared to any other competitor. 99,738 is exactly the uptime of the rs4 server. In the near future we will get back to our own administration so you will not have any problem with a lack of information. We are sorry about that.

But please, if you do not believe that a certain amount of outtime is not normal, then check out any competitor. I personally started with downtimes at a provider in Sweden of several days.

Anyway we are sorry about your problem and understand that you are not very happy about a downtime. But you can believe that we also hate any downtime because about 5000 people tend to call us at 3 am in the morning ;-)
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rocket88 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:11 pm

Mark Rules !!... I have read about similar outages on other streaming services. I have not heard back about my tutoring request so maybe it was a bad time .. :shock:

Thanks for looking into this Mark, maybe someday I can start streaming ( lack of dsl avail..)
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

sticking by mark

Postby russ56 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:18 am

ill have to stick by mark ,last year i was hit by a dos attack mark and sally stoood right by me....i left drs ...for 4 months..im back here i will stay...every stream company is familar based....one has a lil more than the other...DRS is good like the man Says MARK RULES....Russ down south florida way :roll: http://kickincountrymusicradio.com
russ56
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Radio Streamer