How to get advertising

At DRS 2006 we also offer high quality streaming at the lowest prices. We also guide you through step by step while setting up your own internet radio station. After debuting your broadcast on the World Wide Web, join us here to talk about streaming.

How to get advertising

Postby thebomb102 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:21 pm

I just started here so please forgive my ignorance to certain topics. I just purchsed the drs2006 standard package and recieved the free month of shoutcast. I'm liking this. I just got liscenced with loudcity.net.

Has anyone been successful with selling advertising via audio ads on their stations? If so, how. Because I would really like to turn this into a small business.

Thanks!

-Sean
The Bomb 102
http://www.thebomb102.com
thebomb102
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Dave B » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:50 pm

Advertisers don't think internet radio is quite ready yet. At least not us little guys. If you find a way, please pass along the info!
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby BenC » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:27 am

Don't shatter the guys dreams ;)

It's true advertisers are hard to get, but not impossible. First you need to build up some listeners. Noone will advertise on a station with no listeners, so I'd concentrate on that first. Good luck!
-------------------------------------------------------
Music, there is none greater.
BenC
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby djlenks » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:10 pm

Youll need to build listenership first. Look at live365 and the "very few" Audio ads they run (you notice most of their audio ads are for their own vip product or broadcast product and not actual "commericals" So as you can see, internet radio and audio ads dont go together well.

One thing you may do is make your station very locally focused, I know you live in a "big market" that has many AM and FM's but if you could get some "local businesses" who want to push their product out on the internet on board, that may be one way you can make a few bucks (I doubt youll make more than a dollar or two a spot per pay if that even) but hey it's something to look at..

I think your best route for ads would be to look at traditional ads such as banner ads, popups, popunders, the typical ads youfind on the net, if your really looking for some income to begin with then work on audio ads later.

Ofcourse, best thing to do is start building a loyal listenership so you have something to say when people ask about what's the listener figures like.

Best Wishes,
Matt
X Music Online
The X Music Network -- The Revolution is Here!
http://www.xmusiconline.com/
djlenks
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby bumpy_roads » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:03 pm

Hi,

I have a fairly good audience for a blues station. I sell a few items on my site and advertise them in stream. I keep ads to 16 - 20 seconds and run every 9 tracks not to turn listener's away. I look for sponsors all the time. No interest yet but I will not give up. You have to realize Internet radio is still in diapers and we are small independent broadcasters.

Last friday I peaked 846 which is my best day so far. That include's all my stations though and I can only legally advertise on one. Thankfully it is my biggest! Hope this helps.

Bumpy

http://www.midnightblues.com

PS: I'm looking for female voice over work?
bumpy_roads
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Radio Streamer