Bit Rate!!!!!!!

At DRS 2006 we also offer high quality streaming at the lowest prices. We also guide you through step by step while setting up your own internet radio station. After debuting your broadcast on the World Wide Web, join us here to talk about streaming.

Bit Rate!!!!!!!

Postby DerickAB » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:19 pm

I just recently upped my bitrate to 224kbs. Lately I have been noticing more dropped signals as to when it was set at 56kbs. So is it better for a low rate or a higher one (which seems to be better)? Also what can I do to keep it from dropping off so much between locations. I have one computer setup in a studio room at my church and the signal is being pulled from shoutcast at a tower location and feed over the ariwaves. Does DRS have its own streaming software where we don't have to use per say shoutcast?

Thanks for any input.

DerickAB
DerickAB
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Loonix » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:50 pm

I prefer a lower bitrate to reach my target audience. If I was to raise my bitrate to one higher than 56kbps I would loose 60% of my audience.

Now if the drops are on your end, I would check the actual upload/download rates of your conection with your provider to make shure you can continually support your cast.

As far as the software, I believe you can use DRS 2006 Automation Software to stream to your account.

This is just my opinion... I could be wrong.

Byte
Loonix
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Radio Streamer