Iam totally confused !

At DRS 2006 we also offer high quality streaming at the lowest prices. We also guide you through step by step while setting up your own internet radio station. After debuting your broadcast on the World Wide Web, join us here to talk about streaming.

Iam totally confused !

Postby suchi » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi ..
I have been reading a lot about audio streaming, and the sad part i guess iam not smart enough to figure it out.

Thus I need help

I havea website, and the server is not a streaming server.

a) i want to play live talks so that people can hear it.
b) can I also play recorded talks? using your software

I dont understand the pricing..
lets say ... if 100 people are listening to my live talk simultaneously how much would it cost if i go through ur server ?

and... if I go through your server.. how does this work.. please explain i am sorry.. for all these questions
and thank you for being patient

-Suchi
suchi
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Loonix » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:40 pm

The simplest way is to use winamp, www.winamp.com and the shoutcast DSP plug-in, www.shoutcast.com to stream your live or recorded show from any computer to the radiostreamer server which in turn makes this stream accesible to any computer, anywhere in the world.

You can find more information on how to do this on the shoutcast and winamp website forums.

To calculate the price for 100 users on radiostreamer go to STREAM HOSTING on the right of this page and click on PLACE ORDER. Insert the number of users on the form and you get the price.

Good Luck
Loonix
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Maxx » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:41 am

Suchi, you basically pay a flat rate based on the MAXIMUM number of listeners your stream will support. For example, if choose 100 listeners at 24K, that will cost you $40 a month and no more than 100 listeners will be able to listen to your stream at any one time. The price is a FLAT RATE based on the max, regardless of how many people are actually listening.

As far as HOW, once you sign up, you will receive the configuration info for your streaming server. Enter this info in either the DRS Radio Streamer or the WinAmp DSP Plugin that was suggested above.
~Maxx
Maxx
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Iam totally confused !

Postby arahim52 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:45 pm

The DRS 2006 Radio Streamer is very nice. I like that.
IT Network Support
arahim52
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Iam totally confused !

Postby richdevlin761 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:19 pm

You basically pay a flat rate based on the MAXIMUM number of listeners your stream will support. For example, if choose 100 listeners at 24K, that will cost you $40 a month and no more than 100 listeners will be able to listen to your stream at any one time. The price is a FLAT RATE based on the max, regardless of how many people are actually listening.
richdevlin761
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Radio Streamer