some queries

At DRS 2006 we also offer high quality streaming at the lowest prices. We also guide you through step by step while setting up your own internet radio station. After debuting your broadcast on the World Wide Web, join us here to talk about streaming.

some queries

Postby frank1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:51 pm

i am new to broadcasting and thinking of taking the terrestial fm online by using drs2006...may be as a pay package..
first question..
1)do i must use any of the media server like live365,shoutcast or icecast...
are they free.....
or all are pay one

means can't i use my one computer which has about 128kbps internet as a server to feed live audio from fm...using may be 20kbps bitrate
just to get started..and get used to system and when things go well then go to pro servers

what is minimum internet requirement...just for minimum users now

2)if i use any of the server does it mean i have to pay treble..one to media server another to webserver and third to get hig internet connection to feed data

and suppose our country doesnt have better internet than 128kbps does that mean i will not be able to use live broadcast..

3)as we want to make pay package..are there any such system opensource or pay separate system or inbuild with any media server that handles authentication and payment system for our users.
..php system preffered if seperate

any way sorry for simple questions..but i really think it will be very helpful for me and other new starter like me..
by the way i have read documentation already
thanks
frank1
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby frank1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:03 pm

any way i posted this topic and was reading other post and found this on one post
To stream Mp3 / mp3PRO directly from your PC...you can do so, download ShoutCast from the website so you'll actually be streaming from your PC to your PC and from there people can connect from your PC directly. A port must also be set so you'll stream to your own PC and to the port set.

Anish wrote:
The access is restricted to a few people only, so I don't want to use a public service like the ones offered through the plugin.

It's not "restriction"...If you're doing this "direct" streaming, you can set the max no. of listners to like 1000 but everything depends on how much upstream bandwidth you have. With radiostreamer, everything will be set for you. If you order for 20 concurrent listeners then it'll display as max as 20. You need not have to worry about having skips on your stream

actually this line download ShoutCast ..
ok dont get annoyed please if it is...
is shoutcast a software or a site (media server) which operates..like we make account there paying and can use it as transit point...
does it mean that after we pay them ..they provide us software ..or what..
can ShoutCast be used without paying

and about bandwidth if i plan to broadcast for may be 5 user per day using 20kbps bitrate live what may be our bandwidth requirement..?
frank1
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Dave B » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:22 pm

Shoutcast is FREE streaming server software. This is what you install on your computer to enable people to connect to your station (if you are not using a stream host). If you want max 5 listeners at 20kbps you would need approximately 100kbps. So if you are going to stream from your home computer you could do it if you have a broadband internet connection.
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Re: some queries

Postby richdevlin761 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:32 pm

If you want max 5 listeners at 20kbps you would need approximately 100kbps. So if you are going to stream from your home computer. I simply want to mention I am just beginner to blogging and seriously loved you’re web blog. Thanks for sharing.
richdevlin761
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Radio Streamer